Registering Private Railcar Marks

Private Reporting Marks (ending in X) are issued by the AAR for non-railroad (private companies) that own railroad equipment that moves via rail. You will be required to fill out an AAR Interchange Agreement and pay the administrative fee for registration of the private reporting marks. To request the information to register private reporting marks send an email to